We are supporting a global investment bank in Canada to develop their derivatives valuation portfolio systems on the client’s XVA desk in Toronto. The client required a technical resource to extract, handle and then convert the data to improve the performance of the derivatives calculations engines.
What We Are Doing
- Integration and provision of Market Data feeds from a multitude of sources into the XVA platform.
- Initial design of a global schema to encapsulate all types of financial data to standardise disparate types of data flowing into XVA.
- Creating an end-of-day and intraday set of processes using a Java stack, consisting of Nifi, Groovy, Java, Avro, ElasticSearch, Redis and SQL Server.
- Analysis and development of data feeds to take trades from either the source systems or the central warehouse.
- Resolution of ambiguities and discrepancies via either code enrichment or negotiation with stakeholders.
- Interaction with other Development teams, Business Analysts, and Quants.
- We are now putting in place suitable non-functional supporting software to ensure a high automation, low support STP approach to data transmission.